Call Today: 908-234-9200
SciaticaBedminister & Newton, NJ
Request An Appointment
At the New Jersey Spine Institute, all of our procedures are performed by a team of two Board Certified Orthopedic Spine Surgeons to maximize relief and minimize your recovery time.
Contact Us Today!
-Scroll Down For More Information-
Sciatica, often referred to as a “pinched nerve”, typically refers to symptoms of leg pain, stiffness, and numbness, originating in the lower back. Usually, the root of the problem is a ruptured or degenerative disc in the lumbar spine. This disc causes pressure on the sciatic nerve which results in leg pain. It should be known that Sciatica is not an acceptable diagnosis for a patient, it is just a tell-tale sign of a different condition, such as a herniated disc or Degenerative Disc Disease.
Sciatica Symptoms can include:
- Persistent pain in the leg
- Pain radiating through the lumbar spine, buttocks, hips, and legs
- Jarring pain while seated
- Difficulty standing and/or walking
- Numbness thigh area
If you suffer from Sciatica, you may have one or more of these conditions:
- Degenerative Disc Disease- The gradual breakdown of a disc over time, making it unable to absorb shock
- A Lumbar Disc Herniation- Damage to a disc along the lower back, forcing the jelly-like fluid out of the disc
- Lumbar Spinal Stenosis- The narrowing of space between vertebrae in the spine, which compresses the sciatic nerve
- Spondylolisthesis- A disorder where one vertebra protrudes forward in front of another
With Video Explanation:
Request Your Free Online MRI Review
Our specialists will review your imaging, provide you with an accurate diagnosis and help guide you through the steps to becoming pain-free.Submit MRI Now
NJ Spine Institute Contact Form