Spondylolisthesis NJBedminister & Newton, NJ
At the New Jersey Spine Institute, all of our procedures are performed by a team of two Board Certified Orthopedic Spine Surgeons to maximize relief and minimize your recovery time.
Contact Us Today!
-Scroll Down For More Information-
The Different Types:
- Degenerative- Commonly found in older patients. Occurs when the disc loses fluid
over time, and become unable to absorb shock and resist spinal movement.
- Spondylitic- This condition occurs from a fracture in the spine, leading to the bone slipping out of place. This is seen in 5% – 7% of the population and is especially prevalent among adolescents.
- Congenital- This type would be a result of being born with an abnormal formation, resulting in the disc slipping out of place.
Spondylolistheis symptoms would include:
- Lower back pain
- Tight and sore hamstrings
- Back spasms
- Walking with a gait or waddle
- Pain or numbness in foot Causes:
- Repetitive force or injury to the spine
- Sudden trauma or impact
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Spinal Fracture
- Genetic Predisposition