Scoliosis Treatment NJBedminister & Newton, NJ
At the New Jersey Spine Institute, all of our procedures are performed by a team of two Board Certified Orthopedic Spine Surgeons to maximize relief and minimize your recovery time.
Contact Us Today!
-Scroll Down For More Information-
Physical Signs of Scoliosis May Include:
- Visible curvature of the spine
- Shoulders at different height
- Head leaning toward one side
- One shoulder blade protruding further than the other
- Ribs higher than normal
Forms of Scoliosis:
- Idiopathic: This is the most common form of scoliosis and is usually sudden onset, most often during adolescence. The likelihood of the curvature of the spine is more common with idiopathic scoliosis.
- Congenital: This form of scoliosis is caused by the abnormal formation of vertebrae during the embryonic stage of development. There does not seem to be any genetic link and the cause is unknown. Despite the abnormal formation of the vertebrae in the womb, the condition may not appear until adolescence.